The Order Administrator is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of orders coming from the Sales channel. This includes processing and facilitating customer orders, assisting customers with order inquiries, and ensuring the accurate and timely transfer of order information to Accounting for customer invoicing. The position requires strong customer service and interpersonal skills to build lasting customer relationships and enhance sales team work practices.
Key Job Elements:
- Works in a team environment with Inside Sales to ensure the accurate and timely processing of customer orders as well as collaborating with other departments to fix issues on orders.
- Enters customer orders into business system ensuring timely and accurate processing.
- Prepares and transmits vendor purchase orders via fax, phone, and/or data transmission when needed based on sourcing requirements. Facilitates accurate and timely vendor order processing by monitoring vendor ship dates and order accuracy.
- Manages status of order delivery to the end customer and takes steps to expedite when needed. Troubleshoots delivery issues that arise and notifies the PCE sales team and customer of any change in status of their order.
- Enters computer-based shipping status notes on all orders at various points of processing to communicate current order status to coworkers.
- Responds to incoming customer calls, faxes, and emails that request order status updates or tracking information.
- Involved in executing the returned goods process for customer orders when necessary.
- Ensures prompt processing of vendor invoices.
- Prepares customer order documentation for the invoicing process, confirming correct quantities, costs & customer pricing before submitting to accounting for final customer invoicing.
- Previous customer service experience and well-defined customer service skills (good phone presence, timely responses and follow-through on requests, “plus one” service, etc.) in order to represent PCE Pacific positively and develop ongoing relationships with customers.
- Strong oral and written communication skills that reflect a professional, business approach.
- Meticulous attention to detail to ensure accuracy of assignments.
- Strong reasoning, analytical and problem-solving skills. Good math skills and the ability to memorize and recall numerous product and processing codes (product codes, shipping codes, product numbers, etc.).
- Excellent typing skills, especially with numbers and lengthy alpha/numeric character combinations. Ability to deal with detail-oriented work accurately.
- Good PC skills and familiarity with MS Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, internet applications. Ability to learn and understand customized business systems.
- Good administrative/clerical skills, organizational, and time management skills, as well as the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team. Must be task-oriented, self-directed and able to work with limited supervision.
- The position requires sitting and use of a desktop PC the majority of the day and requires the ability to use standard office equipment (telephone, copier, scanner, fax machine, etc.), mobility to retrieve/deliver files/documents and attend meetings in different areas of the office, manual dexterity to keyboard, write with a pen/pencil, dial a phone, sort papers, file, and other similar office tasks
PCE Pacific believes that each job function makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the incumbent or the company to only the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
PCE Pacific, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer