Outside Sales Account Manager
South Puget Sound Western Washington
This position represents PCE Pacific as an outside sales representative for Emerson Process Management customers in the assigned territory (Western Washington approximately Everett to Chehalis). Sells control valves, instrumentation and associated products & services to existing and potential customers in the company’s territory. Responsible for achieving sales goals based on increased revenue/gross margin and developing ongoing relationships with accounts to identify opportunities to sell solutions. Other responsibilities include account strategic planning, project pursuit & monthly key activities reporting.
Key Job Elements:
- Develop goals and execute action plans based on customers “goals/problems/needs” leading to increase sales while maintaining gross
- Call on existing and potential customers to develop and maintain customer/supplier relationships.
- Determine customer needs, buying influences and cycles, budgets, and purchasing criteria by engaging in active listening and investigative questioning
- Develop and present effective solutions comprised of PCE Pacific product & services deliverables in response to customer
- Effectively coordinate with PCE Pacific internal customers, factory, and other representative resources to maximize sales return on
- Document key activities for project and initiative sales pursuits using on-line sales database.
- A Bachelor or Associate Degree in recognized related field with 3+ years sales experience
- Knowledge of basic control theory; understanding of control valve applications; automation and instrument systems (PLC or DCS applications experience a plus).
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and listening skills in order to maximize business contacts and develop working relationships with potential and current
- Good organizational and time management skills and capacity to work
- Ability to retain and effectively articulate customer information (names, product standards, account history, associated customer value, etc.) and technical product information (product applications, features and benefits, ),
- Basic PC skills and ability to utilize various software applications (MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, )
- Ability to access customer equipment which may involve stooping, bending, kneeling, squatting, climbing ladders and stairs, riding man lifts, walking scaffolding, catwalks,
- Ability to comply with customer safety standards including the use of Personal Protective Equipment (respirators, goggles, hearing protection, etc.) when visiting customer facilities.
- Ability to travel away from home via personal car and public transportation on trips that could last multiple
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to drive during the day or night for extended periods of time (up to five hours per day/seven days per week) in both metropolitan and rural environments during all seasons of the year.
This company believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the incumbent or the company to only the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
PCE Pacific, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer