Outside Sales / Valve Specialist
This position represents PCE Pacific as an outside sales representative for sales and support of valves including on/off valves both manual and actuated, pressure management and control valves and services in the state of Utah plus Western Wyoming. Responsibilities include marketing, promotion and sales of the assigned product specialty. Sales may be generated through collaboration with and support of PCE’s Account Manager sales team or by calling on some customers directly. Focus will be on achieving sales goals based on increased revenue/gross margin, and developing ongoing relationships with current and target customers to identify opportunities to sell solutions. Other responsibilities include account and territory strategic planning and monthly key activities reporting.
Key Job Elements:
- Call on existing and potential customers to further develop and maintain customer/supplier relationships. Routinely meet with buying influences for assigned valves and services. Maintain effective business relationships with customer senior management at accounts with most sales potential.
- Collaborate with and support PCE Account Managers to win assigned product or service sales.
- Determine customer needs, buying influences (Power) and budget cycles (Capital requirements), and purchasing criteria by engaging in active listening and investigative questioning techniques.
- Develop and present effective solutions comprised of PCE Pacific product & service deliverables in response to customer needs.
- When possible, qualify customers for other PCE products or services, and hand off the lead to the appropriate PCE Sales Team member.
- Effectively coordinate with PCE Pacific internal customers, factory, and other representative resources to maximize sales return on investment.
- Document key activities for project and initiative sales pursuits using online sales database.
- Grow territory sales and gross margin for assigned products and services.
- A Bachelor or Associate Degree in recognized related field or 3+ years of experience in sales and/or service in a related industry/company, or equivalent knowledge and skills gained through similar means.
- Working knowledge of on/off valves both manual and actuated, pressure management and control valves and the ability to develop some technical and application subject matter expertise for assigned product(s).
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and listening skills to maximize business contacts and develop working relationships with potential and current customers.
- Strong “Customer First” focus.
- Good organizational and time management skills and the ability to work productively on an independent basis, as well as collaboratively with others.
- Ability to retain and effectively articulate customer information (names, product standards, account history, associated customer value, etc.) and technical product information (product applications, features and benefits, etc.).
- Basic PC skills and ability to utilize various software applications (MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.), as well as interface with multiple business/database systems.
- Ability to access customer equipment which may involve stooping, bending, kneeling, squatting, climbing ladders and stairs, riding man lifts, walking scaffolding, catwalks, etc.
- Ability to comply with customer safety standards including the use of Personal Protective Equipment (respirators, goggles, hearing protection, etc.) when visiting customer facilities.
- Willingness, as well as the ability, to travel away from home via personal car and public transportation (typically airplane) on trips that could last multiple days.
- Valid driver’s license, own automobile, and the ability to drive during the day or night for extended periods of time (up to five hours per day/seven days per week) in both metropolitan and rural environments during all seasons of the year.
PCE Pacific believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the incumbent or the company to only the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
PCE Pacific, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer