Outside Sales Representative – Instrument Product Specialist
This position is responsible for sales and support all products represented by the Instrument division of PCE pacific, Inc. in the geographical area of the state of Alaska. The position will be primarily responsible for marketing, promotion and sales of assigned products. Sales may come in the form of supporting PCE account managers or calling directly on specific customers. Key responsibilities include achieving sales goals based on increased revenue/gross margin; developing ongoing relationships with current and target accounts; project pursuit; account and territory strategic planning; and monthly key activities reporting.
Key Job Elements:
- Develop goals and execute action plans based on customer goals/problems/needs, leading to increased sales while maintaining gross margin.
- Call on existing and potential customers to develop and maintain customer/supplier relationships.
- Determine customer needs, buying influences and cycles, budgets, and purchasing criteria by engaging in active listening and investigative questioning techniques.
- Develop and present effective solutions comprised of PCE Pacific product & services deliverables in response to customer needs.
- Effectively coordinate with PCE Pacific internal customers, factory, and other representative resources to maximize sales return on investment.
- Document key activities for project and initiative sales pursuits using on-line sales database.
- A Bachelor or Associate Degree in recognized related field with 3+ years’ experience in sales and/or service.
- Knowledge of specific assigned product. Product categories with assigned specialists are:
- *Instrument products (Rosemount Measurement and Analytical, Flow Meters, Instrumentation manifolds and other general Instrumentation Products).
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and listening skills in order to maximize business contacts and develop working relationships with potential and current customers.
- Good organizational and time management skills and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to retain and effectively articulate customer information (names, product standards, account history, associated customer value, etc.) and technical product information (product applications, features and benefits, etc.).
- Basic PC skills and ability to utilize various software applications (MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to access customer equipment which may involve stooping, bending, kneeling, squatting, climbing ladders and stairs, riding man lifts, walking scaffolding, catwalks, etc.
- Ability to comply with customer safety standards including the use of Personal Protective Equipment (respirators, goggles, hearing protection, etc.) when visiting customer facilities.
- Willingness to travel and ability to travel away from home via personal car and public transportation on trips that could last multiple days.
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to drive during the day or night for extended periods of time (up to five hours per day/seven days per week) in both metropolitan and rural environments during all seasons of the year.
This company believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the incumbent or the company to only the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
PCE Pacific, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.