Parts Specialist / Inside Sales
The Parts Specialist is responsible for assisting with company revenue/gross margin growth through customer sales and support activities within the Mechanical Inside Sales Team. This includes handling customer inquiries and requests directly, as well as supporting the sales efforts of the Inside Sales/Applications and Outside Sales teams. The position communicates with customers almost exclusively by phone, fax, and/or email, and assists customers with spare parts selection, price quotes, order requests, delivery, and product documentation. Exercises appropriate techniques to determine opportunities for application reviews by the Inside Sales/Applications group, cross-selling additional products and services. Demonstrates strong customer service skills to build lasting customer relationships. Requires a detail-oriented team player with good analytical, organizational, computing and multi-tasking skills. Some sales experience is preferred.
Key Job Elements:
- Respond to incoming customer calls, faxes, and emails that request product information.
- Assist customers with product requests, working with the Inside Sales/Applications group ensuring the appropriate product selection and specifications based on the intended application.
- Effectively recommend and communicate solutions utilizing new technologies for customers.
- Increase customers’ awareness of value received in effective use of Emerson Parts and Lifecycle Care services.
- Prepare and deliver to the customer formal price quote documents, with accompanying product information as needed.
- Prepare internal order write-up documentation in response to customer purchase orders.
- Determine product sourcing that will most effectively maximum PCE Pacific’s gross margin while meeting the customer’s needs.
- Work with the Order Administration group to ensure timely order entry and fulfillment of the customer’s order by the indicated request date.
- Troubleshoot delivery issues that arise and notify the customer of any change in status of their order.
- Instruct the customer on procedures for returning items when necessary.
- Achieve gross margin and bookings goals and actively support various growth and customer service initiatives.
- Well-defined customer service skills (good phone presence, timely responses and follow-through on requests, “plus one” service, etc.) in order to represent PCE Pacific positively and develop ongoing relationships with new and existing customers.
- Previous technical sales experience and the ability to accurately identify customer needs and expectations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills that reflect a professional, business approach.
- Capable of working both independently and as part of a team.
- Proven analytical and problem-solve skills, and the ability to deal with detail-oriented work accurately.
- Good organizational and time management skills, as well as the ability to be self-directed and work with limited supervision.
- PC proficient and familiarity with MS Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, and the Internet applications.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
- This position requires sitting and using a desktop PC the majority of the day and the ability to use standard office equipment (telephone, copier, scanner, fax, etc.), mobility to retrieve/deliver files/documents and attend meetings in different areas of the office, manual dexterity to keyboard, write with a pen/pencil, dial a phone, sort papers, file and other similar office tasks, as well as face to face interaction with various team members and work groups in both office and warehouse areas to facilitate orders and/or resolve problems.
PCE Pacific believes that each job function makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the incumbent or the company to only the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
PCE Pacific, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer