Valve Application Engineer
Valve Application Engineer
The Application Engineer is responsible for assisting with company revenue/gross margin growth through customer sales and support activities. This includes handling customer inquiries and requests directly, as well as supporting the sales efforts of the Outside Sales team. The position works out of the Bothell Sales Office, communicating with customers almost exclusively by phone, fax, and/or email. Assists customers with product application, specifications, selection, price quotes, order requests, delivery, and product documentation. Exercises appropriate techniques to determine opportunities for cross-selling additional products and services. Demonstrates strong customer service skills to build lasting customer relationships.
Key Job Elements:
- Respond to incoming customer calls, faxes, and emails that request product and services information.
- Assist customers with product requests, ensuring the appropriate product selection, sizing, and specifications based on the intended application.
- Prepare and deliver to the customer formal price quote documents, with accompanying product information as needed.
- Prepare internal order write-up documentation in response to customer purchase orders.
- Determine product or services sourcing that will most effectively maximum PCE Pacific’s gross margin while meeting the customer’s needs.
- Work closely with the Sales Administration group to ensure timely order entry and fulfillment of the customer’s order by the indicated request date.
- Troubleshoot delivery issues that arise and notify the customer of any change in status of their order.
- Instruct the customer on procedures for returning items when necessary.
- Assist customers with requests for product repairs.
- Serve as a “Product Champion” for a specific product line when needed, with responsibilities for communicating product information, coordinating training, and developing ideas for improved sales.
- From time to time, may conduct or assist with training sessions at customer sites.
- Achieve gross margin and bookings goals, cross-sell additional PCE products and services when possible, and actively support various growth and customer service initiatives
- Process control product and applications knowledge, typically acquired through a 4-year engineering or technical degree, job experience, and/or product-specific training.
- Well-defined customer service skills (good phone presence, timely responses and follow-through on requests, “plus one” service, etc.) in order to represent PCE Pacific positively and develop ongoing relationships with new and existing customers.
- Previous sales experience and the ability to accurately identify customers’ needs, effectively match them with PCE Pacific products and services, and sell the features and benefits of our product line.
- Strong oral and written communication skills that reflect a professional, business approach.
- Capable of working both independently and as part of a team. Good leadership and administrative skills in order to efficiently function as a product champion or trainer.
- Proven analytical and problem-solve skills, and the ability to deal with detail-oriented work accurately.
- Good organizational and time management skills, as well as the ability to be self-directed and work with limited supervision.
- PC proficient and familiarity with MS Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, and the Internet applications.
- Ability to travel out of state to attend week-long product/applications classes.
PCE Pacific believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the incumbent or the company to only the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
PCE Pacific, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer